Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Guest Writer~tonight we bloom

This week author is tonight we bloom I really enjoyed the following poem from them on fictionpress.

I have yet to understand

I
contemplate willows-
hieroglyphic secrets on
ochre skin like thoughts my egyptian
hands can read and branches story-clad
from ere the time fireflies crooned in sanskrit.
and I have yet to understand
how they wear their emotions so lovely,
skulls turned inside-out for nature to
read and feelings contoured onto
boughs that cry when the
moon kills
the sun
and
that
sigh
when
their
forest sets ablaze.


This poem originally caught my eye because of its interesting formatting. I Really liked the poem for its imagery. It also has a very equal ending and beginning, both mentioning trees/forests. I have yet to create a poetry in the form of what I'm writing about and this poem really makes an interesting one! My favorite description in this was the "hieroglyphic secrets on ocher skin like thoughts my egyptian
hands can read and branches story-clad". Also from this author I really enjoyed Butterfly Boy. Please continue to write and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment